Sunday 15 January 2012

The Vitamin Masquerade

All right, to be honest with you I had a feeling that I would find this out. Just about everything we know is not a ‘true form’ or from a ‘true source’ and synthetics are all around us. So why not synthesise vitamins and minerals right? What makes me ponder is the fact that we can do that – mimic and structure something how we want it, engineer it – but how have we not come up with replicators like they have in Startrek? Now that would be handy! Anyway, sorry, off on a tangent there…

The point being that all the Holland and Barrett vitamins I bought (around £80 worth) are binned. In my bid to keep away from unnatural ingredients it’s something I had to do. I cringed as the tablets fell into the bin but I am ‘organified’ (my own term here) remember. What to do now? I need supplements and sure, I do eat very well, I love fruit and veg but just need that top up. Back to researching for me and I found out a lot of stuff about what goes in to what we think are vitamins that’ll keep us happy and healthy yet, quite possibly, don’t and if anything make us less healthy (though a less happy factors not been measured).
I’m looking into a company right now that makes vitamins from whole foods. Rather than ‘isolating’ the vitamin or creating it in a lab or a petri dish (the two ways that many are made) this company essentially extracts the vitamins from the whole food and doesn’t alter it chemically or biologically. So loads of researching to do – updates when I have them bloggyblog!

No comments:

Post a Comment