Tuesday 15 November 2011

About Me, This Blog and Cheese

Let me open this blog with telling you a little bit about myself. You can call me Clover. I'm 25 years old, married, live in England with my wonderful husband and our kitty. The name I go by here is Clover Voyeur-Xi and it is an anagram for "love your cervix". Pretty funky right? My life centres around some key people who I will indulge you with details about later. But for now, let me get to the reason why I started this blog.


Recently I went for my first pap smear aka smear test. The results came back as abnormal - Severe dyskaryosis. When I read that letter the first thing I did was cry. I remember, I was on the way to the shops to pick up some milk and bits with the hubby and said I was okay, I needed the air so we went to the shops and came back home. When I got through the door, that was it! Open the flood gates! I cried and I cried. I was so confused. So scared! So full of questions. I wanted to know more and needed to. What does it mean? Why did my results show this? Why me? Yes, a very selfish sort of question to ask but we all ask it in times of, how can I put it best - trauma?

A few days later I got the letter about having a colposcopy appointment. I had just stopped crying by this point and well, it started again. In light of the appointment letter I decided to do some research. I wanted answers. I wanted information about what to expect. Ever the future thinker (my husband scoffs at that - he says more "ever the worrier", ha!), I wanted to brace myself for impact!

I did a lot of research and I found out a lot of things. Things that made me feel sick to the stomach, angry and lied to. After what I have been through this is why I came to the conclusion to start this blog. I worry that not enough women have enough information and not enough support. I am hoping to shed some light on a few things, provide a place of support and for me at times, a place to rant (which some rants might be funny to the reader so let’s see how we go hey!).

And the cheese? The long and short being I love cheese and I'm going to have to give it up **or cut back...no no, give it up! But its so tasty! So just cut back a litte? Oh cruel life!**

No comments:

Post a Comment